Electronic cigarettes are quickly gaining popularity as an alternative because e-cigs give nicotine without the toxic chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Smokers can transition from traditional smoking to clean, healthy vaping without many of the risks associated with “going cold turkey,” which is why e-cigs are increasingly becoming a popular choice for those who want to quit cigarettes.
How To Transition From Cigs to E-Cigs
- Choosing the best e-cigarette for you is the first step in quitting smoking. Starter kits include everything you’ll need except cartridges and batteries, which must be charged before use. First, buy a starter kit that consists of three elements: a battery (two-piece type such as 510 or EGO), an atomizer (heating element) (three-piece such as 510), and a cartridge with e-liquid.
- When filling your e-cig cartridge for the first time, drip two to four drops of e-liquid directly onto the atomizer’s heating element. If you’re using prefilled cartridges, screw them into the battery and start vaping.
- Once your atomizer is primed, extend the mouthpiece and press the button on your e-cig to start vaporizing your e-liquid. Four to five puffs on the starter kit are equivalent to one traditional cigarette. Finding the correct dose of nicotine for you will definitely take some time. Still, it’s easier than quitting smoking cold turkey because vaping simulates smoking a traditional cigarette.
- Once you’ve mastered the art of puffing on an electronic cigarette, try upgrading to larger capacity batteries that last all day long. Refillable cartridges are also available so users can mix their e-juice for different flavors or desired nicotine content.
- If you’re still unsure about transitioning from cigarettes to e-cigs, consult with an ecig distributor. Vapor shops offer vaping workshops and sell more advanced products such as mechanical mods, which produce thicker vapor clouds than beginner kits. Vapor shop owners can also help you decide what type of e-cig is right for you and answer any questions that may arise.
- After a few months of vaping, you may decide to quit nicotine altogether. Stop refilling cartridges with e-liquid or use empty cartridges instead. Eventually, you’ll be able to vape without nicotine and continue cutting down on cigarettes until they’re a thing of the past.
In conclusion, transitioning from smoking to vaping is an easy process that can help you quit cigarettes. When unsure of where to start, consult with wholesale vapor products distributors to find the right e-cigarette for your needs.